The Bush and Beach GetawayBulli
|Sleeps: 12||Beds: 6|
|Bathrooms: 3||Car spaces: 6|
About the property
- The serene green surrounds; every window reveals a leafy outlook and the backyard offers a completely natural vista and a pleasure playground for the kids
- This homes'proximity to the ocean (5 minutes by car) and yet it in an elevated position away from the hustle and bustle
- Being2 minutes away fromthe incredible escarpment bush walks, 5 minutesdrive to cafes or the pub and from the monthly 'Foragers' market at Bulli showgrounds
- Between the sprawling woods, cubby houses, swing sets, basketball hoop, trampoline, enclosed kids playroom complete with toys and endless lawns, this is a place where the kids will be busy so the parents can relax
- Generously spread out over two homes this property allows a large family to celebrate, laugh and reminisce whilststill havinga private, quiet space to retreat to
- Picking mangoes, grapefruit, lemons, tomatoes and herbs fresh from the garden (you may even be lucky enough to find a ripe peach ripe ready to devour)
The distinctive Illawarra landscape is a narrow oasis cradled by the emerald escarpment on one side and lapped by the ocean on the other. Although the beach is what draws crowds from near and far, this home offers a chance to be captivated not only by the Tasman Sea but also by the towering escarpment.
The back garden flows seamlessly into a native reserve big enough for kids to free-range but small enough to stillfind them for dinner. Or walk a few minutes around the corner to a bushland track that you can follow for over an hour exploring the native flora, birdlife and tiny creatures.However, when you are ready to hit the beach, the coast is an endless stretch of rock pools, calm flat ocean or rolling waves for those with a board and energy to burn. If taking in the views are more your thing - ride, walk or run the bike track all the way to Wollongong and stop to refuel with coffee and cake or take a cool dip.
Bulli is a charming village complete with bakery, butcher, cafe, farmers market, cellar, fruit market and fishmonger all within a 5-minute loop of each other. Park the car and walk away from your stresses and reclaim the simple pleasures of life.Check out the EmeraldAqua discovery centre for more information about Wollongong and the Illawarra Coast.
THIS HOME OFFERS
A beautiful and serene place to retreat to and stop the hectic pace of life. With the spoils of the sea and bush at your doorstep, you can choose your adventure or just enjoy the quiet surrounds of nature.
The property is made up of two homes;
The Cottage - features an open plan lounge, kitchen and dining room, two bedrooms, bathroom, laundry and a balcony which is set up for alfresco dining and has a beautiful bush outlook.
The Main House - features a large lounge room with open fireplace, 4 bedrooms, open plan kitchen and dining, two bathrooms, laundry and a large balcony with both a sitting area and alfresco dining. The main house has fully ducted air conditioning.
Bed Configuration (Both Properties)
Double x 2. Single Bunk x 2. Single x 1. Single Trundle x 1. Queen x 1.
- The master bedroom (Bed 1) features a double bed, ceiling fan, built-in robe, full-length mirror and opens out on the balcony
- The second (Bed 2) sun-drenched bedroom features single bunk beds andtwo large windows with bush views
The Main House
- The master bedroom (Bed 1) features a queen bed, built-in robe and newly renovated ensuite
- Bedroom 2 features a single bunk bed and built-in robe
- Bedroom 3 features a double bed in a day bed style and built-in robe
- Bedroom 4 features a single bed and a trundle
Features a bathroom with shower and vanity and separatetoilet. There is also a laundry with a washing machine and dryer.
The Main House
Features two bathrooms an older style family bathroom with shower, bathtub and double vanity and a modern ensuite off the master bedroomwith shower, toilet and vanity. There is also a separate laundry with a washing machine and dryer.
Offers acozy open plan lounge, dining and kitchen equipped with a TV and DVD player. There is a dining setting both inside and on the outside balcony for 6.
The Main House
Offers several living areas, the main lounge has high ceilings, an open fireplace and a large comfortable lounge. This room has a TV, stereo and ceiling fans. There is a large dining setting with built-in bench seating to easily accommodate 6-8. Off the dining areas is a second sitting area with a wood combustion heater and lounge. This opens onto a large deck with both sitting and dining areas.
Has a full kitchen with four-burner electric stove, oven, microwave and fridge/freezer.
The Main House
Offers a modern galley kitchen drenched in light and with high ceilings. With five-burner induction stove, two ovens, dishwasher and range of appliances cooking will be a true pleasure.
Dining and relaxing can be done on two large balconies set up for idling away the day over delicious food and good conversation. Kids are well catered for with lots of lawn, a reserve, several cubby houses to explore, basketball hoop and a trampoline.
All linen provide (except beach towels)
THINGS TO KNOW
-This property is run on a septic system and guests will be provided with clear guidelines on its use
- The backyard is not fenced and leads into neighbouring properties - small children should be supervised at all times
- Only the main house is air-conditioned
- Ducted reverse cycle air-conditioning: Main House Only
- Baby Equipment: 2 Porta Cots and 2 High chairs
- Bath Tub
- Child Friendly
- Combustion Fire
- Covered Outdoor Area
- Clothes Dryer
- DVD Player
- Ceiling Fans
- Furniture Outdoor
- Iron and Board
- Microwave Oven
- Movies Library
- Pantry Basics
- Washing Machine
Surf, sun and Sandon Point
Sandon Point is the precious gem in Bulli’s crown, elevated to show the sweeping coast line and the bays curving out to sea this is a surfer’s haven. Sandon Point is easily one of the best point breaks in the state. Join the epic coastal bike track that will take you all the way to Thirroul and beyond to the north or to Wollongong to the south.
Take a paddle board out on the glassy waters of Bulli beach in the early morning or catch the wind in the afternoon to clear out the cobwebs. Walk the canopy covered stairs to the boat sheds for great photos or a peaceful picnic.
The Bulli beach café sits just above the pool and the ocean and does wonders with fish and chips while Ruby’s a little further down serves up a killer burger. Or wander into the village for a drink, feed and live bands at legendary Heritage Hotel.
Keep Sundays free for the Foragers Market at the Bulli showground organic food, yummy treats, local honey and butter, amazing crafts – it is well worth visiting.