EMERALD + AQUA GUEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read this document carefully. When you make a reservation with us these terms and conditions are deemed
to have been accepted by all guests that stay at the property and by accepting you have acknowledged that you
understand and agree, please seek independent advice if you require it.
Your booking is with Emerald + Aqua (E+A), comprising for all future reference - ChaMello Pty Ltd trading as Emerald
+ Aqua, acting on behalf of the owner.
The holiday letting relationship is between E+A with all communications, payments and requests handled by the
The agreement comprises the attached:
1. Terms and Conditions
2. Appendix - A House Rules + Pet Rules
4. Appendix - C What is an Emergency
All bookings are accepted on the basis that you have read, understood and agree to abide and be bound by the agreement. All of these above documents constitute the agreement.
The terms and conditions of this contract as agreed to by both parties are as follows. Any infringement of these conditions permit the E+A to refuse keys, amend rent of premises, withhold any payments made, &/or immediately
terminate your occupancy (licence).
Guests are granted permission to occupy the property for holiday purposes only through a license to occupy; this is
not a Residential Tenancy Agreement under the Residential Tenancy Legislation. By making this booking you have
agreed to enter into a licence to occupy the premise. Failure to comply with the guests' obligations in these terms
and conditions may result in a claim at NCAT, termination of permission to occupy the property, subsequent eviction
and/or registration with the Bad Books and/or any other bad guest register.
1. The premises are licensed for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the final receipt. No
commercial activity is to take place at the property.
2. All quoted prices include GST both as quoted in this agreement.
3. E+A will use its best endeavours to have the property in good working order, however, cannot guarantee
every aspect of the property as unforeseeable circumstances do occur.
4. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the published rates across all booking platforms,
however, E+A reserves the right to correct pricing errors.
5. Keys will only be issued once you have paid all accommodation tariffs/booking fees in full.
6. Bookings placed via INSTANT BOOK may be subject to change or cancellation if found to be in breach of the following conditions which shall be deemed to form part of this agreement. 7. Our office hours are: 9.00am. – 4.00pm Monday to Friday. Closed on all public Holidays. 8. A deposit of half the tariff plus $110 booking fee is to be paid within forty-eight (48) hours of booking. Non-payment of this deposit will be deemed a cancellation of the requested booking. The balance of the rent must be paid fourteen (14) days prior to arrival. Bookings made within fourteen (14) days of arrival must be paid in full.
9. The premises are to be left in a clean and tidy condition upon departure. Please follow the vacating instructions to avoid extra cleaning or rubbish disposal charges.
BOOKINGS AND PAYMENT
A booking may be held but will not be legally binding on E+A or the owner until a deposit is paid. To proceed with a booking, the following deposit and final payment rules apply:
If you shorten your stay the unused portion of your rental is non-refundable.
All bookings are made in good faith by our office and may be subject to change. While we cannot accept responsibility for actions taken by the owner of the premises outside our control, we will endeavour to assist you. Tariffs are reassessed annually. CHECK-IN AND CHECK-OUT TIMES Check in from 2.00pm. Check out is 10.00am.
If an early/late check-in/out is granted, you will be advised of this via your booking emails. We cannot guarantee that a property will be ready at the check-in time. We will endeavour to have the property ready, however, circumstances may sometimes cause delays. There will be no refund or credit if a property is not ready at the said time.
We may be able to offer early check-in or late check-out - this may attract a charge. Paying however, does not guarantee that this agreement can be honoured. If we are unable to honour early check-in or late check-out due to a back to back booking or unforeseen circumstances, a full refund of the extra fees charged will be provided.
SAVING OF CREDIT CARD DETAILS
Credit card tokenization allows for guests’ card information to be saved and may be charged for certain losses or expenses. E+A will save guest’s credit card details for the purpose of:
1. If you pay by credit card, our reservation system saves those details
2. We keep your credit card details on file in the event of damage to the property, excessive cleaning charges, removal of excess rubbish, or any other breach of our terms and conditions
3. Charging the guest for the supply of duplicate keys or re-entry/rekeying at cost plus our standard administration fee of $150 + (invoice cost)
4. A member of the E+A team attends the property to see to an issue that is then deemed to be caused by the guest ($150 per callout during business hours/after-hours = $250 per call out)
8. Charge at a cost to repair or replace if there is malicious, deliberate or negligent damage to the property
Wedding receptions, schoolies, bucks and hens nights are NOT accepted under any circumstances - If we find out during your stay, you may be evicted by our private security contractors, your booking cancelled and all monies withheld.
It is a condition of your stay that you adhere to our Terms and Conditions, our House Rules Guide and leave the property promptly after completing the departure checklist that is clearly displayed at the property. Guests must always abide by the local council and state planning laws and guidelines regarding short term residential accommodation.
Responsible Renter – As the responsible renter, you agree to be an occupant of the property for the entire duration of the stay and will be held responsible for the conduct of all guests. Guests under 18 are of course welcome but must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Keys and security dongles – One set of keys only will be issued per property. Upon vacating please ensure that all doors and windows are locked and that keys are returned to the property lock box. Do not under any circumstances
Whatsoever leave keys at the property or at any other location. Keys should be returned as per instructions provided. Should the keys not be returned, the guest will be liable for any charge incurred in gaining entry and/or replacing keys and changing locks if necessary, plus a processing fee (with a minimum charge of $150). If keys are lost, all locks must be changed at a cost to the holiday guest.
Lost keys or locked out – If guests lose keys there are then responsible for a cost of replacement an hourly fee of $150.00 for the agents time.
If guests lock themselves out of the property during business hours they will need to pick up the office set of keys from the E+A gain access to the property and return the keys within business hours on the same day. A cash bond of a $100 or a driver’s licence/credit card is required to take office keys and will be refunded in full upon receipt of the keys.
If guests lock themselves out of the property after hours they can contact the E+A emergency contact. If one of our staff is able to obtain the keys from the office and attend the property a charge of $150.00 call out fee applies. If we are unable to provide a key for any reason, then the guest will need to engage the services of a qualified locksmith to gain access. The locksmith’s invoice must be paid directly to the locksmith at that time.
Guests must not break into, or attempt to break into, premises when locked out.
Cleaning – Is included in the full tariff, however, if excessive cleaning is required over and above what is considered by E+A to be a standard clean, the guest will be charged at cost.
Cleanliness – you, as the occupant, agree that the property will be left in a neat and tidy condition (as found at the commencement of the rental), which includes washing up dirty dishes or emptying the dishwasher, sweeping hard floors and deck areas, removal of rubbish and putting it in the bins for collection. If you have rubbish in excess to the bin provided, that shall be removed by you. Excessive cleaning or rubbish removal charges may be charged to you if you breach this obligation
BBQ – A $50 cleaning fee will be charged for unclean BBQs.
Rubbish – You must take any excess rubbish that does not fit in the provided bins when you leave. If it is bin night during your stay, please put the bins out on the kerb. You will find a bin night notification at your accommodation. You will be charged the tipping fee and the time to tip if excess rubbish is left at the property or if the garbage bin is not put out on bin night as requested.
Loss and Damage – All damages, breakages or losses to the property, furniture and furnishing are to be reported immediately to ensure cover by ADW. Should you discover a fault or breakage when you arrive, please advise us directly to avoid being charged for this damage.
Owners Private Spaces - If there are signs of tampering with the owner's private cupboards on departure it will be treated as break and enter and will be dealt with accordingly.
Faults - Faulty appliances or other problems with the property must be reported in writing to our office immediately. Damages or breakages in excess of normal wear and tear may be charged to you.
Problems or complaints - in the case of any problem, complaint or issue, you must inform us in writing at the earliest opportunity so that we have the opportunity to rectify any issues within a reasonable time frame. We will not be able to consider compensation unless we have been afforded the opportunity to solve the problem. Will not be responsible for compensation for issues that are reported late or after you vacate the property Repairs - I/We agree to permit all repair and/or service personnel to enter the property for the purposes of conducting any repair, service or maintenance deemed necessary by the property owner/agent.
Children – No responsibility will be taken for children or pets staying at or visiting the property. Please supervise carefully, always taking into consideration fencing, pools, dams, stairs, verandahs, balconies and cleaning chemicals. Children under the age of 10 years should not sleep on the top bed of a bunk.
Tradesperson Call Outs – Should a tradesperson or a member of our team be called to the property and the issue is deemed to be caused by a guest, equipment owned by a guest or because a guest has not followed instructions, then the guest will be responsible for payment of the invoice for the tradesperson or our callout fee of $150 or both.
Smoking – Smoking is not permitted inside any of our properties. If evidence of smoking inside the property is detected, you will be charged for steam cleaning of carpets and furniture, laundering of all soft furnishing and linen, plus replacement of linen where necessary.
Moving furniture and un-cabling electronic devices – please do not move furniture around the house or un-cable televisions, DVD’s or other electronic devices. If the cleaners or someone else is required to spend time on rectifying what you have done, you will be charged on an hourly rate plus an administration fee.
Personal Property - If personal property is left behind, it is the guest’s responsibility to arrange its return by providing E+A with a suitable prepaid satchel or by collecting the item from one of our offices. If not claimed within 1 week (seven days) of departure, it will be disposed of. Guests are solely responsible for their belongings whilst staying at the property and are required to take the usual steps to prevent any property loss, including locking premises and vehicles when not attended.
Sales inspections - If the holiday accommodation is currently listed for sale, then I/we agree to permit the Agent to conduct inspections with prospective purchasers upon reasonable notice and at a mutually convenient time. The agent cannot be held responsible should a property be sold and the booking cancelled. An owner is entitled to withdraw property from the rental pool at any time because of a sale of the property or otherwise. All endeavours to find alternative accommodation will be made by the agent or all monies will be refunded to you.
A ‘Party’ is defined as but not limited to:
(a) Guests making excessive noise after 10 pm that causes neighbours to complain to our staff, Security Company or the police.
(b) When extra guests are invited to the property without consent in writing from the agent
(c) When consent is given if those guests do not vacate the property at 10 pm.
(d) If there is arguing, coarse language fighting or antisocial behaviour
We maintain a zero tolerance policy to disturbing neighbours. This covers noise as a result of any activity on the property after 10 pm that cause disturbance or annoyance to neighbours.
If a warning about noise is given to you or your guests (either verbally, in writing or by text message) without effect, you may be asked to leave the property and your occupation and claim on the property will be terminated immediately with no refund of monies.
Should there be any noise disturbance or concern for the welfare of the property Wollongong City Security will be called to attend to the property. They may be contacted either by a staff member of our office or after-hours by a neighbouring property. In either instance the E+A call out fee of $150 plus the fees charged by Wollongong City Security per visit will be charged to your nominated credit card. If no effort is made to adhere to warnings or the conditions of the licence are seriously breached, ChaMello Pty Ltd trading as Emerald + Aqua have the right to cancel the booking effective immediately. This will result in immediate eviction, a complete forfeit of all monies paid and/or additional charges plus a $500.00 per night party fee.
If guests refuse to leave a Wollongong City Security guard will be placed at the property for the duration of the guests stay, all costs will be charged back to the guest.
Additional charges or immediate termination may apply in the event of unnecessary or excessive noise nuisance or disturbance caused to neighbouring properties during your occupancy. I/We hereby acknowledge and agree that the agent has the absolute and sole discretion to cancel my/our occupancy in the event that my/our actions or behaviour compromise the safety and/or quiet enjoyment of neighbouring properties or others. I/We hereby agree that I/we will be fully responsible and liable for payment of all charges incurred, irrespective of such cancellation, together with any financial loss suffered by the property owner and/or agent, to be debited to my credit card without further notice.
Strippers and Sex workers – are strictly prohibited at all holiday properties.
Drugs – if any evidence of illegal drugs is found at the property all evidence and contact information of the responsible renter will be provided to the police.
Remote monitoring - we may use device detection tools to help enforce these Terms & Conditions including (but not limited to) smart sensors which count the number of mobile devices &/or noise levels and alerts the agents if the maximum threshold was reached. Our technology works like a smoke detector, but for noise and number of devices. Our sensors track the decibel levels at the holiday property, evaluate other risk factors and alert the agents if fair and reasonable threshold levels are breached. In addition, the technologies can be used to:
Unless specifically stated as being pet-friendly, no pets are allowed either onto the grounds of the property nor inside the holiday accommodation under any circumstances. Any pets found in holiday accommodation properties will result in termination of your booking and additional cleaning charges will be debited to your credit card if this occurs.
Pets are not permitted on or inside the premises unless the property is advertised as “pet-friendly” and the owner has provided permission for your nominated pet(s) to stay. In this case, the person booking agrees to pay for any damages or extra cleaning charges incurred as a result of their pet. In the event, your pet(s) are permitted on the property no responsibility will be taken by Emerald + Aqua or the owner of the premises for the welfare/safety of your animal(s)
If evidence of a pet is discovered without approval, or at a non-pet friendly property you will be charged for steam cleaning of carpets, furniture and/or mess left by the pet/s, plus our standard pet charge and our standard administration fee ($150) for the time of the stay.
If your holiday accommodation is a designated “Pet-Friendly” property, then I/we agree that we will abide by the additional terms and conditions detailed in “Doggie Do’s and Don’ts” attached. The agent is not responsible for the confinement of your pet. If you have your pet with you, it is expected that a few simple rules of courtesy are followed:
EMERALD + AQUA OBLIGATIONS
Agent/Owner Limitations of Liability Property - We have taken great care to describe your holiday accommodation to you as accurately as possible. We cannot, however, accept responsibility for incorrect descriptions, errors or omissions. Substitution of property - At times, situations arise over which we have no control such as ownership changes, extensive repairs or maintenance, or if properties are removed from the holiday rental market. We reserve the right to offer guests alternate accommodation of a similar standard, as available, at our discretion. In the unlikely event, we will notify you as soon as possible and make every reasonable effort to ensure you are satisfied. We cannot guarantee accommodation and, should an alternative not be found, you will be refunded. You hereby agree that, in this case, you will accept the refund as an acceptable outcome.
No provision can or will be made for relocation if accommodation is deemed unsatisfactory on arrival other than on the basis that the full rental due be forfeited and full rental on new premises is paid prior to occupancy. Guests must accept premises “as booked” and cannot be relocated. We are careful not to misrepresent any rental property.
No refund nor compensation will be provided if you are dissatisfied with your accommodation.
Price Changes - In some cases, accommodation rates may be subject to increase after you have made payment. Should this occur you will be notified and given the opportunity to pay the difference in tariff, or we can help you find alternative accommodation. If this is not satisfactory, you will be refunded and you hereby agree that you will accept the refund as an acceptable outcome.
Rectification of issues - whilst we and the owners of the properties take care to keep the houses in good condition and good working order, nevertheless breakages, outages and malfunctions beyond our control do occur. When this happens, we will rectify a situation as soon as practicable, however, we or our owners cannot accept responsibility for any loss and no compensation will be given. This applies to the property, its inclusions, the supply of utilities, and where applicable, the pool or spa.
2. We have not been immediately notified of the matter as soon as you become aware of it
3. We have not been able to rectify it within a reasonable time frame
4. An inclusion (e.g. fridge, locks, pool filter) suffered an unforeseeable ‘end of use/life’ event e.g. unforeseeably the fridge for no reason suddenly stopped working
5. A natural event results in a claim e.g. wind blowing leaves into a pool
6. The defect about which you have made a claim was caused by you having misused or abused the inclusion, or where you have failed to (including failing) to follow the instructions in the user manual/guest app provided
7. The failure of reasonable human control, for example, user error
8. Where an independent third party is responsible e.g. a qualified tradesperson has to order a part and it has/will take several days to carry out remediation
9. Relates to something independent of our service and/or third-party services, not in our control. The professional independent advice of qualified professionals will be relied upon to assess claims. As an example, if a pool is slightly green but is perfectly safe to swim in as per health standards and advice provided by qualified tradesperson than no compensation will be provided. When claiming compensation, you must prove that you suffered a substantial inconvenience (e.g. not being able to use the holiday home) and that this was a result of our actions or failure to act within a reasonable timeframe.
A claim must be made in writing and received no less than 10 working days from your departure and must contain all reasonable supporting evidence (receipts, multiple photos/videos) of your claim including but not limited to a detailed concise explanation of what is claimed, for what and the impact including what is being sought and a detailed explanation of how you arrived at that.
Cleaning will only be compensated if it is deemed to be a ‘major failure’ as everyone has different standards and expectations of cleaners. The cleaning fee covers a post stay clean and laundering of linen. A deep spring clean is not possible or practical between each stay. All requests for cleaning compensation must be accompanied by photos and evidence that the cleaning had a serious impact on your stay.
Force Majeure - E+A or the owner of the property will not be responsible for any damage or loss of enjoyment occasioned by any force majeure incidents that interfere with the use of your property, including but not limited to bush fires, excessive rain and storm activity, excessive beach erosion due storm activity, excessive deposits of seaweed on the beach, water supply failure, and electricity supply failure.
• any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused whilst I/we are in occupancy of the holiday accommodation due to my/our failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions or House Rules;
• any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused due to negligence on my/our/their part
• any injury or loss suffered by the occupants, their invitees or guests whatsoever or howsoever caused as a result of insects or wildlife in or around the holiday accommodation site. All occupants are to take specific care at all times within this rural area and requested not to approach any such wildlife under any circumstances.
• any noise, disturbance or inconvenience caused as a result of renovation/building/road works being carried out in or near the vicinity of the holiday accommodation
• It is hereby agreed that the Agent provides holiday accommodation booking services only for and on behalf of the Property Owner. Any property descriptions or advertising materials are to be viewed as a general guide only. The Agent or its representatives will not be held responsible or liable for any deficiency in the holiday accommodation or its furniture/fittings
• The Property Owners reserve the right to cancel any holiday accommodation bookings at any time, and in this event, all reasonable endeavours will be used to offer you alternative holiday accommodation but without liability
2. Appendix - A House Rules + Pet Rules
- All properties have a strict No party policy
- All properties are Non-Smoking
- Please report all damages or breakages immediately
- Please refer to the Hospitality APP for all questions regarding the property
- If you are experiencing an issue with your property please contact our office between 9-4 Monday – Friday on 4207 9988
- If there is an Emergency at the property please contact our office during business hours or, after hours text to 0409 668 560
- Charges apply in order to rectify issues that result in the house rules not be followed
Once the RED (general rubbish) and YELLOW bins are full (the lids needs to be able to close fully). Take all excess rubbish beyond this with you. Excess rubbish collection is charged at $40.00 per bin.
- Ensure stove, griller and oven are left clean and turned off.
- The kitchen bin is to be left free of rubbish.
- There is to be no food left in the fridge and the fridge is to be left clean.
- Please ensure there are no dirty dishes left in the sink or on the benches.
- The Dishwasher is to be emptied and all the dishes put away.
- All benches are to be left clean and all floors are to be swept and/or vacuumed.
- If your rental property has a BBQ, please scrape and clean after each use.
- Ensure that the shower, vanity and toilet bowl are left clean and all soap and rubbish are removed.
- Ensure no personal items are left in the washing machine and/or dryer
- Empty the lint filter of the dryer
- Hang wet towels up to air
- Check all cupboards and under beds to ensure removal of personal items
- Leave linen on the beds as the cleaner will do a stock take of all the linen before stripping the beds
- All dog droppings must be removed from premises prior to departure.
- Your dog must not be taken inside the premises.
- The owner of the dog is liable for any damage caused to the premises or resulting loss suffered by the property owner.
- It is the occupiers’ responsibility to ensure their dog is suitably restrained within the rear yard of the premises.
- A barking or aggressive dog will not be tolerated under any circumstances and may result in the termination of your booking.
- If there is found to be an infringement relating to any of the above, Emerald + Aqua has the right to request immediate vacation of the premises without a refund.
- An extra cleaning fee of $150.00 will apply if dog hair, dropping, paw prints or scratches are found inside the house
This policy together with our terms & conditions sets out the terms upon which ChamelloPty. Ltd. ACN 100031911 of 2A 373-375 Princes Highway, Woonona, New South Wales, 2518 T/A “Emerald + Aqua” (“we” or “us”) will process any personal information that is collected through the use of:
We provide value-added services to guests (Services) who have arranged the use of residential and other property principally through such booking agents and hosting platforms (such as Airbnb, FlipKey, Stayz etc.) (Hosting Platforms). As such we market properties owned by Host clients or offer related services.
Except as set out below, we do not share, or sell, or disclose to a third party, any personally identifiable information collected at this site.
The information we may collect includes:
This information is used:
to provide information to our network of industry partners as may be necessary to provide you with the Services requested. for verifying your identity for security purposes. for internal record keeping. for marketing our Services and products. The information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties, to provide class information, for example relating to demographics or usage of a particular page or service.
We may log information about your access and use of our Website, including through the use of Internet cookies and measurement tools, your communications with our Website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider. We do not presently associate such information with an identifiable person.
We may contact you by a variety of measures including by telephone, email, SMS or mail. If you wish to update your contact details or change the way we contact you, please contact us at the details below.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information including:
-for the purpose of providing information, products and Services to our clients.
-to verify personal information details upon request from third parties.
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, including disclosure and reporting to Commonwealth, State and Territory government agencies. for users under 18, information regarding attendance, progress and general well-being may be provided in order to keep parent(s) and/or guardian(s) adequately informed. If you are under 18, you may use our site only with consent from a parent or guardian.
- to credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities where clients fail to pay for Services provided by us to them.
- to courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities, and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
- to the relevant third party or parties, if the matter involves third parties.
- to third parties, including agents, referral partners, contractors and sub-contractors for the purposes of providing information, products and services to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia. When we obtain information from a relevant person, we assume that in giving us your information, you are also giving us permission to pass it to the relevant person.
By providing us with personal information, you consent to this disclosure. Where we disclose your personal information to third parties, we will request or otherwise seek to get comfortable that the third party follows the Australian Privacy Principles regarding handling your personal information. However, if you provide information to us with a view to it being read, copied, downloaded or used by other people, we accept no responsibility for what that third party may do with it. It is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might see your information. If it is available to all the World, you have no control whatever as to how it is used.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law, our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where we have sought to maintain confidentiality.
We do not typically or routinely disclose personal information to overseas recipients. Unless consent has been given, or an exception under the Australian Privacy Principles apply. We will only disclose personal information to overseas recipients where reasonable steps have been taken to ensure the overseas recipient does not breach the Australian Privacy Principles in relation to your personal information. In circumstances where information is disclosed to overseas recipients, those recipients are likely to be located in countries in the regions in which we operate.
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure that information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Financial information relating to your credit cards
This information is never taken by us either through our Website. If you are accessing our Services or a Product made available through a third party hosting Site, you should satisfy yourself as to the security of that Site as that Site it is not controlled by us.
Financial information about your direct debit
When you have agreed to set up a direct debit arrangement, the information you have given to us is passed to our own bank for processing according to our instructions. We do keep a copy.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit any web site. They are widely used to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Like all other users of cookies, we may request the return of information from your computer when your browser requests a web page from our server. Cookies enable our web server to identify you to us and to track your actions and the pages you visit while you use our website. The cookies we use may last for a single visit to our site (they are deleted from your computer when you close your browser) or may remain on your computer until you delete them or until a defined period of time has passed.
to allow essential parts of our web site to operate for you. to operate our content management system.
to operate the online notification form - the form that you use to contact us for any reason.
to enhance security on our contact form. to collect information about how visitors use our site.
to store your personal information so that you do not have to provide it afresh when you visit the site next time. This cookie will last for 90 days.
Calling our helpline
When you call our helpline, we collect Calling Line Identification (CLI) information. We use this information to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our helpline.
Sending a message to our support system
When you send a message, we collect the information you have given to us in that message in order to obtain confirmation that you are entitled to receive the information and to provide to you the information you need. We record your request and our reply in order to increase the efficiency of our business/organisation. We do not keep any personally identifiable information associated with your messages, such as your name or email address.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information you have given to us. We use that information to resolve your complaint. If your complaint reasonably requires us to contact some other person, we may decide to give to that other person some of the information contained in your complaint. We do this as infrequently as possible, but it is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do give information, and, if we do, what that information is.
We may also compile statistics showing information obtained from this source to assess the level of service we provide, but not in a way that could identify you or any other person.
Removal of your information
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our web site, you may contact us at email@example.com. To better safeguard your information, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections to your information.
Data may be “processed” outside Australia
While our Website is hosted in Australia, other Sites are often hosted abroad. We also use host advertising services of Sites in countries outside Australia from time to time in other aspects of our business. Accordingly, data obtained within Australia may be “processed” outside Australia and data obtained in any other country may be processed within or outside that country.
If you have a complaint about how we have collected or handled your personal information, please contact us. We will endeavour in the first instance to deal with your complaint and take action to resolve the matter. If your complaint cannot be resolved at the first instance, we will ask you to lodge a formal complaint in writing, explaining the circumstances of the matter that you are complaining about, how you believe your privacy has been interfered with and how you believe your complaint should be resolved. We will acknowledge receipt of your formal complaint and indicate the timeframe that you can expect a response. We will endeavour to resolve the complaint as quickly as possible, but if the matter is complex and our investigation may take longer, we will let you know when we expect to provide our response.
If you are unhappy with our response, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How you can contact us
Sending a letter: Attn: Privacy Officer, 2A 373-375 Princes Highway, Woonona, New South Wales, 2518 Australia T/A “Emerald + Aqua”
4. Appendix - C What is an Emergency
- Is the issue likely to cause damage or injury to a person;
- Is the issue likely to cause damage to property; and
- Is the issue likely to cause undue inconvenience to you
Essential services include;
- Water supply
- Electricity supply
- Sewerage management system
NSW Dept of Fair Trading list, urgent repairs constitute:
- a burst water service or a serious water service leak
- a blocked or broken toilet
- a serious roof leak
- a gas leak
- a dangerous electrical fault
- flooding or serious flood damage
- serious storm or fire damage
- a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises
- a failure or breakdown of the hot water service
- a complete failure or breakdown of the stove or oven
- a complete failure or breakdown of a heater or air-conditioner when
- No A/C when outdoor temperatures are below 13 degrees or above 30 degrees (unless there is medical documentation provided at the time of booking)
- a fault or damage which makes the premises unsafe or insecure
What is not considered an emergency?
The following situations are NOT considered urgent and will not be attended to outside of normal business hours. If you have a fault with any of the items below, please report the matter via email:
-Air conditioning not working (see below note*)
-Faulty internet or TV reception-antenna problems
-Keys lost or locked yourself outside
-Heating, dishwasher, stove outage, microwave, washer, or dryer issues
-Slowly draining vanity or shower
- Neighbour nuisances (unless they pose a danger)
- Any other general maintenance
*Air conditioning - Similar to a broken heater, this is largely dependent on what’s going on outside if the ambient outside temperature is greater than 13 degrees or below 30 degrees it is considered a maintenance issue which you will need to inform us off. It is not an emergency. If the ambient outside temperature is less than 13 degrees or greater than 30 degrees it is an emergency. In the meantime, grab a fan and open the windows.
In the event of an emergency at your property please refer to the following emergency guide that is in the guest APP.
I agree to have my credit card tokenized by ChaMelloPty Ltd trading as Emerald + Aqua as a security deposit. I authorise any charges to be debited to this provided card in the event of any loss or expense arising from a breach of my agreement to rent the property, damage to the property or my occupation of the property. All charges will be clearly documented back to guests with a breakdown of charges, invoices and photographs if applicable.